Thursday, October 9, 2008

Organ Donation

Due to advances in medicine, it is now possible for certain bodily organs to be removed from one person and used to replace the same organ which has stopped functioning in the body of another person. Such procedures are possible because of organ donation. Most commonly the organ to be donated is removed from the donor after he or she has died, but sometimes people who are alive and well donate one of their organs to a member of their family who needs it. Several years ago, a young Buddhist monk in Sri Lanka donated one of his kidneys to a girl who was not related to him and whom he had never met. Apparently the monk had read of the little girl's need and, moved by compassion, made his donation. Interestingly, the possibility of and the virtue of donating one's organs for the benefit of others was considered in Buddhism over 2000 years before it actually became possible. In the Jataka there is a fascinating story in which the Buddha, in one of his former lives as a bodhisattva, donated his eyes to a blind man. The story relates in detail how his eyes were removed from their sockets, how the optic nerves were severed and how they were then surgically implanted into the sockets of the blind man (Ja.IV,407). In Buddhism, to give one's life for a friend is considered one of the greatest and most noble gift (D.III,187) but to willingly give parts of one's body that another might live is hardly less wonderful.

2 comments:

John Keck said...

I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or website: https:// Dronokunherbalcure.wordpress.com/ page at: https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatme    

robetharmonton said...

I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486