I think the best alternative Ten Commandments I have come across is from Hal Urban's book The 10 Commandments of Common Sense - Wisdom from the Scriptures for People of all Beliefs. Hal Urban's TC are informed by a tolerant, open-minded Christian faith and I would recommend his book to anyone. I'm trying to get his earlier book Life's Greatest Lessons but have been unable to find it yet.1. Don’t be seduced by popular culture. It prevents you from thinking for yourself.
2. Don’t fall in love with money. It will make you greedy and shallow.
3. Don’t use destructive language. It hurts others as will well as yourself.
4. Don’t judge other people. Its better to work on your own faults.
5. Don’t let anger get out of control. It can wreak relationships and ruin lives.
6. Keep a positive outlook on life. It's the first step to joy.
7. Bring out the best in other people. It's better to build up than to tear down.
8. Have impeccable integrity. It brings peace of mind and a reputation of honor.
9. Help those in need. It really is better to give than to receive.
10. Do everything in love. It is the only way to find true peace and fulfillment.